Thursday, November 8, 2012

a) In what way does their research contribute to the greater good? My article was Criminal Codes.  It was about how Heather Mahalik  investigated crime scenes using science. It's good that Heather uses her knowledge of science and mathto investigate. With that knowledge, she has solved many cases.



b) What questions did the scientist pose that led to the research that s/he did? "How can I track down the culprit?" "Is there a way I way can take apart a phone and get information?"
 
 
 
 

c) What field of science does this fall into? (Biology, chemistry, physics, etc.?)  It would fall into the fiels of forensic and invenstigative sciences.

 Dear Heather Mahalik,
                  I am interested in how you could take apart a phone and find so much information. I read in the article Criminal Codes that that deleted information on a phone could be found. It also says that you can track where a person has been and whom they have talked to. My biggest question is, how do you use science in something like crime? Where does the deleted stuff go? I found it interesting that digital devices, identical to the ones we play games on, chat on, etc.
 
                                        With interest, 
                                                               Ayesha.

          
 


 

1 comment:

  1. grade: 88

    I would have liked to see more effort go into the first question, but overall, not bad! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete